INVITED SPEAKERSHIPS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Carolinas Center for Medical Excellence. Columbia, SC. Medical staff lectures on medical harm reduction, prevention of central line associated blood stream infections, prevention of catheter associated urinary tract infections. Various dates at multiple hospitals and professional meetings, 2011-2012.
- USC Department of Internal Medicine Noon Conference Lectures. Palmetto Richland Memorial Hospital. Issues in Medical Harm Reduction. July 27, 2006.
- Palmetto Health Alliance Grand Rounds Medical Lecture Series, Columbia, SC. Contemporary Issues in Toxicology. June 2, 2005.
- American College of Physicians/American Board of Internal Medicine, South Carolina Chapter Meeting, Hilton Head, SC. Conference Presentation: A Case of Headache, Hypoxia and Pneumocystis Pneumonia. October 22, 2004.
- Assistant instructor. Wilderness and Travel Medicine Elective. Department of Emergency Medicine, Palmetto Richland Memorial Hospital. September 2004. Palmetto Health Alliance Grand Rounds Medical Lecture Series, Columbia, SC. Update on Acute Alcohol Withdrawal: an Internal Medicine Perspective. October 30, 2003.
- Department of Internal Medicine Noon Conference Lectures. Palmetto Richland Memorial Hospital. Various dates from 2002-2005. Topics included myasthenia gravis, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, glaucoma, vasopressin as adjunct in septic shock, novel mechanism of daptomycin, endocarditis, dementia, methemoglobinemia. Consultant to Partners of the Americas/Compañeros de las Americas. Cali, Colombia. December 1994. Trained staff, directed construction and assisted in development of Parque Aventura, an outdoor adventure based counseling program targeting at-risk Colombian youth.
- McCormick C, Reeder G, & Fields J. Effects of variation in self-referencing instructions upon prose recall. Paper presented at the 1987 Annual Convention of the American Psychological Association.