Providence Surgical Associates
Surgical Solutions for a Wide Range of Conditions
Affiliated with the nationally-recognized top-tier surgery program of the Providence Health system, our surgeons provide a variety of laparoscopic surgery options as well, which is a minimally invasive technique that reduces recovery time and risk.
Procedures commonly performed by our general surgery team include:
- Abdominal Ultrasounds: An examination of organs in the abdomen including the liver, gallbladder, spleen, pancreas, and kidneys
- Abdominal Wall (Hernias): The intestine pushing through an opening or area of weakness in the abdominal wall
- Breast Surgery: A procedure used to remove cancerous cells and/or augment the appearance of breasts
- Colon Surgery: A procedure to remove all or part of your colon to treat or prevent disease
- Colonoscopy: Viewing the lining of the large intestine, colon and rectum through a flexible tube inserted through the rectum.
- Dialysis Access Surgery: A treatment for kidney failure
- Endocrine Surgery: A sub-specialty that focuses on diseases of the thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal glands
- Endoscopy: Viewing the esophagus, stomach, and small intestines can be viewed by a thin flexible tube inserted through the mouth.
- Endovascular Repair of Blood Vessels: Procedure to combat to combat blood vessel damage
- Gastrointestinal Tract: Organ system responsible for consuming and digestion, absorbing nutrients, and expelling waste
- General Surgery: A surgical specialty that focuses on abdominal contents including esophagus, stomach, small bowel, colon, liver, pancreas, gallbladder and bile ducts, and often the thyroid gland
- Hepatobiliary System: Relates to the liver, gall bladder and bile ducts, and how they work together to make, store and secrete bile
- Laparoscopy Surgery: Inserts a thin, lighted tube through an incision in the abdomen to access abdominal organs or female pelvic organs
- Reconstructive Surgery: Performed on abnormal structures of the body caused by congenital defects, developmental abnormalities, trauma, infection, tumors or disease
- Reflux Surgery: An option for the treatment of GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease)
- Skin Cancer Removal: Removal of skin segments that are dangerous or cancerous
Interested in an appointment with a General Surgeon?
Call Providence Surgical Associates at (803) 409-7130.