Providence Family Medicine
Family Medicine services by
Providence Family Medicine
Comprehensive care -- same day appointments when available
Family medicine physicians offer continuing, comprehensive health care for individuals of all ages, including regular wellness exams, treatment of illness, and disease prevention. Conveniently located in four separate Providence Family Medicine locations throughout the Midlands, our specialists understand that you don't always know when you are going to need a doctor. That's why our practices offer same day appointments when available.
Click on the links to learn more about each office.
Services provided by a family medicine specialist include:
- Acute Care for Cold and Flu: Active but short-term treatment for a severe injury or episode of illness, an urgent medical condition, or during recovery from surgery.
- Allergy & Sinus Care: The investigation and management of causes for repeated congestion and stuffy noses.
- Annual Exams/Physicals: A routine test your doctor performs to check your overall health.
- Asthma & COPD: Management and diagnosis of respiratory diseases that makes it increasingly difficult to breathe.
- Chronic Illness Management: Treatment long-lasting conditions that can be controlled but not cured such as an allergy, diabetes, hypertension, arthritis, epilepsy, glaucoma, heart disease, and others.
- Counseling Services: A medical perspective on managing problems such as depression, stress, obesity and weight management.
- Diagnostic Services: The timely, cost-effective, and high quality identification of an ailment.
- DOT Physicals: An exam required in order to operate a commercial vehicle.
- Immunization & Vaccines: Protect us from serious diseases and prevent the spread of those diseases to others.
- Joint and Muscle Injuries: Treatment to heal sprains and tears to muscles, tendons and ligaments.
- Minor Emergencies (Cuts, Sprains, Burns, and Bites): The treatment of injuries such as cuts, sprains, burns, and insect bites.
- Minor Skin Procedures: Removal and biopsy of skin segments that appear dangerous or cancerous.
- Preoperative Medical Evaluation: A thorough assessment of a patient's medical status is standard often required before an invasive procedure.
- Preventative Care Screenings: Routine screenings done to prevent the onset of disease, such as blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar tests.
- Specialist Referrals: Written recommendation for treatment by a specialist often required for an appointment or coverage.
- Therapeutic Injections: An alternative to surgery that may relieve and control pain from degenerative disc disease, injury, osteoarthritis, and more.
- Vision Testing: A measure of how well one can see images near and far, to determine a need for assistance.
- Weight Management: Techniues and tools to help maintain a healthy weight.
- Women's Health: Gender-specific care such as pap-smears and menopause counseling.
Need help finding a Family Medicine Physician?
Our physician referral line can help. Call 800-424-DOCS.